Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe online somewhere a while back and have adapted it to suit my boyfriend's particular tastes. A word of warning: I wear gloves and a mask while preparing this! It will take your head off, tear a hole in your stomach, and should come with an EPA warning label. Proceed at your own risk!!!!!
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 12 small medium roma tomatoes
- 5 jalapeno peppers
- 5 serrano peppers
- 5 habanero peppers
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, in husk
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
- Peel and quarter the onion then put on cookie sheet.
- Place all remaining ingredients on the cookie sheet.
- Drizzle the EVOO over everything. Using your hands, make sure everything is coated nicely.
- Roast in the oven for about 15 minutes. (I use a convection oven and watch for the tomatoes to split. Keep a close eye on the habaneros as they burn easily. You might need to turn them halfway through.).
- Let everything cool.
- Core tomatoes, cut stems off peppers, and dehusk garlic.
- Put everything in a food processor with cumin, chopped cilantro, and lime juice.
- Grab a chip and dip!