Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my extremely easy dessert to take to parties and work carry-ins during the summer when good fruit is plentiful. It is always a favorite and SOOOO EASY! People always seem impressed especially if you do a cool design on top with the fruit.
- 1 can cookie dough (i use pillsbury)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package cream cheese (can use light)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- Slice cookie dough as you would for cookies and press into pizza pan (there can be gaps as they will fill as dough cooks).
- Bake at 375 for 12 minutes.
- Blend cream cheese, vanilla and sugar.
- Spread on top of cooled cookie dough.
- Arrange fruit any way you like on top.
- Fun to vary color combinations and designs.
I give you 2 thumbs up for the idea of this dessert! It is so different!!! I suggest to everyone that you only arrange your fruit right before serving this.. to ensure freshness of fruit..especially when bananas are being used!! :-) I used icing sugar instead of regular sugar... because I was afraid that the cream cheese would be gritty...but otherwise did as directed. I topped with strawberries, bananas, and mandarine orange slices... and it was an absolute treat! I was afraid of cutting it at first LOL.. but I used a chewy sugar cookie dough, so I just cut right through it into actual pizza slices hehe...it might not be smart to use a cookie dough that forms a hard cookie... you might run into a lot of trouble!! I topped the slices after cutting them as I was afraid to ruin the look of the fruit... so I cut it up..topped with fruit..and arranged back into the shape of a pizza..and everyone was just delighted. Thanks for this idea! Definitely will do this again sometime... :-)