Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
My "special" grilled cheese, a family favorite.
- 4 slices bread
- 5 slices cheese (your choice-I use typically use cheddar, swiss, monterey jack or a combination of the three)
- 2 teaspoons season salt
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat.
- Place two and a half slices of cheese on a slice of bread, distributing the cheese as evenly as possible.
- Place the other slice of bread on top of the cheese.
- On top of the bread, spread butter.
- Sprinkle season salt on top of the butter.
- Cook for about a minute per side, till golden brown.
- Best served with cream of tomato soup.
I made this tonight to go along with some chicken noodle soup. It really hit the spot. I only used 1 tsp. of the salt, It was really tasty. Thank you for a easy, delish sandwich!
Made this tonight with American and Swiss Cheese. Based on other reviews, I sprinkled only the tinest amount of seasoning salt on each side of the sandwiches. Unfortunately, they were still way too salty for us (and I'm a salt person). I think this would work for me if I could get the seasoning without the sauce! Thanks for posting a different way to have grilled cheese. Maybe next time I'll try even less.