I got this easy, delicious Korean recipe from Philly.com, the recipe is from Sohui Kim of the Good Fork in Red Hook, Brooklyn. I love Korean food and this is a wonderful meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the bacon in a cold saute pan set over medium heat.
- 2Brown bacon on both sides.
- 3Remove the cooked bacon and set aside.
- 4Pour out all but about 1 tablespoon of fat from the pan.
- 5Reserve the rest of the fat to cook the eggs.
- 6Cook the kimchi in the small amount of the reserved bacon fat for 5 minutes over medim heat until it is warmed through.
- 7Sprinkle in the vinegar and sugar.
- 8Fold in the rice and cooked bacon until evenly mixed and heated through.
- 9Loosely cover with aluminum foil and set aside.
- 10In a small non stick skillet fry the eggs sunny side up in a teaspoon or two of the reserved bacon fat.
- 11Pile kichi rice mixture on two plates and with 2 eggs apiece.
- 12Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kimchi Rice With Bacon and Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.1
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.6 mg
- Sodium 22.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar