Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this easy, delicious Korean recipe from Philly.com, the recipe is from Sohui Kim of the Good Fork in Red Hook, Brooklyn. I love Korean food and this is a wonderful meal.
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup cabbage kimchi, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 -3 cups left over rice, they recommend steamed sushi rice
- 4 eggs
- Place the bacon in a cold saute pan set over medium heat.
- Brown bacon on both sides.
- Remove the cooked bacon and set aside.
- Pour out all but about 1 tablespoon of fat from the pan.
- Reserve the rest of the fat to cook the eggs.
- Cook the kimchi in the small amount of the reserved bacon fat for 5 minutes over medim heat until it is warmed through.
- Sprinkle in the vinegar and sugar.
- Fold in the rice and cooked bacon until evenly mixed and heated through.
- Loosely cover with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a small non stick skillet fry the eggs sunny side up in a teaspoon or two of the reserved bacon fat.
- Pile kichi rice mixture on two plates and with 2 eggs apiece.
- Serve hot.