Mrs. ChefToBe's Note:
This was an all-time favorite of mine growing up. Once I left the nest, I had to figure out a way to make it on my own. This is a simple and short version of this dish. Ther are more complicated ones around.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut up the pork into bite size pieces.
- 2Heat the two oils in pot and add the pork.
- 3Sautee the pork until done.
- 4Cut up the kimchi into 2 inch pieces.
- 5Add the kimchi and juice to the pot.
- 6Add enough water to cover the ingredients.
- 7Add the Dashida seasoning.
- 8Bring the stew to a boil.
- 9Reduce the heat to medium-low to medium (the stew should be simmering at this point).
- 10Simmer until the kimchi is cooked (it takes me about 20-40 minutes depending on the stove). The kimchi should be tender when done.
- 11Season with salt if needed. I normally don't, because the Dashida seasoning has salt in it.
- 12Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kimchi Jjigae (Korean Kimchi Stew)
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.5
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.3 mg
- Sodium 16.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: