J. Ko's Note:
The name says it all. A great way to use up left over rice. Don't feel limited to the listed ingredients; mushrooms, a bit of meat, a scrambled egg etc... are all great in this dish. This recipe makes one really generous serving or two side dish servings. Multiplies easily.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.16 ml vegetable oil (part sesame gives a good flavour)
- 118.29 ml kim chee, cut small and squeezed or drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 236.59 ml prepared rice (preferably Korean or Japanese)
- 2 green onions, sliced on bias
- 1 sheet korean fish cake, cut in bite-size pieces
- 4.92 ml sesame seeds
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Heat oil in wok or good-sized frying pan.
- 2Add kim chi and garlic. Stir-fry until kim chi is translucent. Be careful: it will really spatter when it hits the oil!
- 3Add rice, green onions, fish cake (if using) or meat, mushrooms (if using). Stir-fry until well mixed and heated through.
- 4Remove from heat. Add in sesame seeds, soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kimchi Fried Rice (Kimchi Bok Eum Bap)
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1217.5
- Calories from Fat 513
- Total Fat 57.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 342.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 158.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: