Recipe by J. Ko
The name says it all. A great way to use up left over rice. Don't feel limited to the listed ingredients; mushrooms, a bit of meat, a scrambled egg etc... are all great in this dish. This recipe makes one really generous serving or two side dish servings. Multiplies easily.
Top Review by Oldman437
This was good. I liked the serving, since I live alone. Didn't have a Korean fish cake, but I discovered crumbled bacon tastes good. I also discovered 2 tblspns of oil (in a wok) works, too. What on earth makes the total carbs 158.9 grams?? The measurements exclude the kim chee & the fish cakes. What's left, the rice?
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil (part sesame gives a good flavour)
- 1⁄2 cup kim chee, cut small and squeezed or drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup prepared rice (preferably Korean or Japanese)
- 2 green onions, sliced on bias
- 1 sheet korean fish cake, cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in wok or good-sized frying pan.
- Add kim chi and garlic. Stir-fry until kim chi is translucent. Be careful: it will really spatter when it hits the oil!
- Add rice, green onions, fish cake (if using) or meat, mushrooms (if using). Stir-fry until well mixed and heated through.
- Remove from heat. Add in sesame seeds, soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.