This is a very easy, delicious Kimchi Fried Rice from Sara Yoo, Yum Sugar. I love kimchi and this is a great recipe. You can use chicken, beef, pork or even Spam(which is really good in this recipe).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil, plus extra for drizzling on rice
- 118.29 ml chopped chicken
- 709.77 ml day-old cooked white short-grain rice
- 3 scallions, finely sliced, white and green parts separated
- 236.59 ml cabbage kimchi, generous cup, roughly chopped
- reserved cabbage kimchi juice
- 9.85 ml sesame oil
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- sesame seeds (to garnish)
- 1Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add meat and cook, stirring occasionally until cooked through(about 2-3 minutes).
- 3Meanwhile place rice in a large bowl, drizzle with a little vegetable oil.
- 4With your hands separate rice grains as mch as possible without smashing or breaking them.
- 5Use just enough to coat each grain.
- 6Add the white parts of the scallion to to the pan and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 7Add the kimchi and juice and stirr to toss.
- 8Add the rice and toss to coat, stirring the mixture evenly.
- 9Cook rice for 10 minutes tossing the rice as needed to keep the rice from burning.
- 10Drizzle with the sesame oil and soy sauce and toss to distribute evenly.
- 11Cook for 3-5 minutes, toss as needed to prevent the rice from burning.
- 12Taste for seasoning and sprinkle sesame oil and soy sauce if desired.
- 13Reserve a handful of green scallions.
- 14Toss the rest in the pan with the rice.
- 15Divide rice between 2 bowls.
- 16In a small pan, fry both eggs and use to top the fried rice.
- 17Garnish with reserved green onions and sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Korean Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kimchi Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1254.3
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 245.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 239.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 26.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: