I have been making this dish for years and me and my family never get tired of it! Be sure to use very-well marinated kimchi instead of the kimchi that are newly-made. However, if that's all you have, this dish will still turn out to be good (: Also, the butter might be a lot, but it prevents the rice to stick to the bottom of the pan. You may use oil instead of butter if you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml butter (if more is needed, feel free)
- 236.59 ml onion, diced
- 236.59 ml ham (If you're a vegetarian or you just don't want to use meat, feel free to just use vegetables. Korean ) or 236.59 ml pork (If you're a vegetarian or you just don't want to use meat, feel free to just use vegetables. Korean ) or 236.59 ml any other meat, cooked and diced (If you're a vegetarian or you just don't want to use meat, feel free to just use vegetables. Korean )
- 473.18 ml kim chee, cut into small pieces
- 118.29 ml kim chee liquid
- 946.36 ml cooked rice (Me and my family eat sticky rice)
- 4.92-9.85 ml dashi stock
- sesame oil (optional)
- 1Heat wok over high heat, melting the butter.
- 2Add onion and saute for 1 minute, then add the meat. Saute for another minute.
- 3Add kimchi (but not the liquid) and saute for 2 minutes or until the kimchi turns slightly brown, but not burnt.
- 4Add the kimchi liquid to the wok, stir, then add the rice. Stir all together until the rice is fully coated with the kimchi mixture.
- 5Turn off the stove, then add dashi stock to the fried rice and mix well.
- 6Enjoy! You may also add scrambled eggs (2 - 3 eggs) to the fried rice, or fry an egg and add on top of the fried rice in an individual bowl.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kimchi Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.9
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 33.4 mg
- Sodium 572.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: