Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Possibly my favorite appetizer that I've posted on Food.com! You can substitute quail eggs to create elegant and impressive cocktail party bites. Adapted from a recipe by Joe Yonan. Cook time is chill time.
- 6 hardboiled egg
- 3⁄4 cup sour kimchee
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese
- sea salt
- sriracha sauce
- caviar (optional, for garnish)
- Drain and gently squeeze the kimchi of its liquid and process in food processor or blender until very finely chopped. Take out 1/4 cup and set aside for garnish.
- Slice each egg lengthwise in half. Pop out each yolk half and add to the food processor. Set each white on a serving platter.
- Add cream cheese to the food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Taste, add salt as needed, and add Sriracha a little at a time if you want it to be spicier.
- Use a teaspoon to carefully fill each egg white half with the kimchi mixture.If you want to be fancy, spoon the filling into a pastry bag fitted with a decorative tip, or a ziploc bag with one corner cut off, and pipe it onto each egg white half.
- Sprinkle the remaining kimchee on top of the eggs. If desired, squirt a drop of two of Sriracha on each egg, and/or garnish with caviar for a little extra color and salty flavor.
- Refrigerate the stuffed eggs for at least 1 hour, then serve.