Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm not much of a fan of chicken noodle soup when I have a cold but I do need to add liquids to my body when I am sick so I make a quick batch of this soup and it helps to open my nasal passages as well as easing my congestion.
- 2 cups cabbage kimchi (good brand is King's)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth or 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth or 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) tofu, cubed into 1 inch, squares (optional)
- 1 lb cooked noodles (udon or egg noodle)
- 1 lb mushroom, chopped
- Place green onion and garlic in simmering broth.
- Add Kimchi and other ingredients to broth.
- Bring soup to boil and simmer for a few minutes.
This is delicious! And very easy to make, even if you made the noodles from scratch, like me. I will confess to not paying a lot of attention to the amounts of the ingredients. I used all the ingredients, but did add them in amounts that were convenient for me. The only thing I changed was about 1 tablespoon minced fresh coriander leaves at the very end of the cooking. Thank you very much for posting this lovely recipe.