Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love my burgers and usually have one every Saturday night - Well I had some Kimchi (Spicy Korean Kimchi Spicy Korean Kimchi) left over and thought it would taste good on a burger so I made up this recipe. You may buy kimchi bulk in Oriental markets. buy it canned or make your own.. I like my recipe because it stays crisp. I have said 6 oz patties if you want smaller meat portions make more patties from the recipe. Your garnish is optional, I use them all but I recommend the raw onion as a must. You may also BBQ the patties but be careful that they don't break apart, they are a moist pattie
- 24 ounces lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili flakes (optional)
- salt & pepper
- 8 tablespoons shoestring bamboo shoots
- 8 tablespoons sliced water chestnuts
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 slices raw sweet onions
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 4 hamburger buns, of your choice
- Mix together the meat, ginger, garlic, teriaki sauce, salt & Pepper.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Lightly spray a fry pan with oil and over high heat brown one side of the burgers.
- Flip the burgers turn heat to medium add mushrooms to the pan and cover it.
- Cook apprx 10 minutes flipping the burger a couple of times replacing the lid each time.
- Turn heat to low and continue to cook for apprx anothe 5 minutes.
- Toast one side of your bun.
- Add burger and condiments to the bun and enjoy (I hope).