Recipe by Budgiegirl
This Kimchi recipe came from Cooking Light Magazine. It is the closest I have come to authentic Korean Kimchi my neighbor used to make for me. 0 points and core for Weight Watchers.
Top Review by Gonar Leyden
Okay, so this is the second of two cabbage dishes I made after reading an article about cabbage being good for you and for the planet at Sociecity: http://sociecity.com/rethink/mighty-cheeseburger-meets-lowly-cabbage
I NEVER liked kimchi much, but this one is a bit easier for a guy like me to handle. Thank you for posting Budgiegirl!
- 14 cups napa cabbage, coarsley chopped (about 2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup green onion, coarsley chopped
- 4 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated peeled
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red pepper flakes, crushed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cabbage and salt in a large bowl, tossing gently to combine.
- Weigh down cabbage with another bowl.
- Let stand at room temperature 3 hours, tossing occasionally.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Drain and squeeze.
- Combine cabbage, water and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.