Recipe by J e l i s a
Delicious combination of stewed pork and kimchee. Must be a kimchee lover to make this, you will notice the aroma from a mile away!
Top Review by Kevin Young
Wonderful! Jelisa was kind enough to post this at my request. I have to say it was exactly what I was hoping for. I didn't change a thing and it came out almost exactly as I was looking for. Next time, I may add a little more juice, but just a personal preference. This was perfect, thank you.
- 1 -2 lb lean pork, adjust according to preference (more meat than kimchee or vise versa)
- 2 -3 cups sour kimchee, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup juice, from kimchee (optional)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons crushed red hot peppers
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pork in bite-size chunks or strips.
- Combine all ingredients into saucepan and bring to boil.
- Stir occasionally.
- Simmer over medium heat until kimchee is tender.
- Serve with steamed white rice.
- Note: This recipe is not as liquidy as traditional chigae (stew).
- Variations: pork ribs can be used as well, suggest boiling sliced ribs and draining fat prior to cooking w/kimchee.