Recipe by katie in the UP
I found this recipe for the Zaar World Tour. I haven't tried it yet, but we love the stuff!! So I can see us eating this soon.
Top Review by Chabear01
I made this up because I so love Kim Chee. The only thing I would do differently is add a touch of crushed red chili flakes to kick it up a bit. Otherwise this is darned good stuff, thank you for the recipe.
- 2 lbs Chinese cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄2 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 dash sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cabbage into a large dish, and sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 3 to 4 hours. The cabbage will wilt.
- After the cabbage has been sitting, massage it with your hands until it is even softer.
- Drain off the liquid.
- Mix in the green onion, garlic, chili powder, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar.
- Transfer to a large glass jar, and refrigerate for 24 hours before using.
- This will keep for about a week in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle with sesame oil before serving.