Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got this from a parenting bb. It's an easy marinated salad which will keep for days. It tastes great & uses mostly canned drained veggies. I use it all summer & get rave reviews from all who try it. Very different from the 'normal' marinated salads. It is a nice addition to any meal & great for potlucks/BBQs. Use your imagination with the ingredients; almost any canned veggie will work.
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 medium onion (red adds color)
- 2 -3 stalks celery
- 1 small bell pepper (green is good, red adds color)
- 1 (6 ounce) can corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can baby green peas
- 1 (8 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans or 1 (8 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- Mix dressing ingredients in a saucepan; heat to melt sugar & stir. After sugar is melted, bring to light boil, remove from heat & cool to room temperature.
- Chop/slice the onion, celery & pepper.
- Open & drain the cans of veggies.
- Mix all veggies in a bowl & pour the dressing over. Chill for 8 hours or overnight. This will also keep for several days.