Recipe by Nana Lee
This was found in "500 more Low-Carb Recipes" by Dana Carpender. I found this book to be the best compendium of low-carb recipes in the market! This is only 1 of the 500, and it is fabulous. Cooking time does not include chill time.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine crust ingredients and press into the bottom of a greased 9" (22.5cm) springform pan.
- Melt chocolate in microwave on medium, then let cool.
- Using electric mixer to beat cream cheese and Splenda to blend.
- Beat eggs and extracts until smooth.
- Blend in chocolate and sour cream.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake in the middle of the oven for 35 minutes or until set.
- Turn off oven, leave door ajar, and let cool in oven for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate, in cake pan, at least 3 hours or overnight.
- When completely cooled, remove pan sides.
- Top with whipped cream sweetened with Splenda, and sprinkle with coarsely chopped almonds.