Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy and delicious appetizer. I fix them almost every time I barbeque. The combination of heat and sweetness is superb.
- 12 jalapeno chiles (biggest & fattest you can find.)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 -2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- apricot jam
- Cut tops off jalapenos, cut in half and remove seeds and membranes. (I do this in the sink filled with water and work under the water. Drain and dry.
- Mix cream cheese with the green onions and cajun seasoning.
- Fill each jalapeno half with the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread apricot jam generously over the filled jalapenos.
- Grill on the BBQ for about 15 to 20 minutes over very low or indirect heat. I like mine fairly firm but you can cook them longer if you desire. I use a small hole vegetable holder on the grill. Or you can also bake them in the oven at 350 degrees until done.
Made exactly as recipe called for but baked in oven. These are WONDERFUL. Bought to office today and everyone loved them. We just put them in the microwave and heated for a few seconds. The apricot jam on the jalapenos really made these. Don't think I would change anything on these.
YUM! Really nice side or appy. I added a little cilantro as well, and ended up finishing them up in the oven because the grill was full. I didn't have the apricot preserves either, but will be sure to use those next time. Really good recipe that I plan to make again.