Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my favorite spicy shrimp & dippin' sauce recipe!
- 2 lbs raw large shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (I prefer Tabasco)
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 6 -8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 anaheim chilies or 1 jalapeno chile, minced
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, simmer all ingredients (except shrimp) until well blended.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place sauce and shrimp in large shallow baking pan and bake approximately 10 minutes or until shrimp are opaque in center.
- Serve in bowls with crusty French bread for dipping.
- A side of pasta is also very good with this recipe.
I should have rated this recipe months ago but forgot. This is our favorite way to eat shrimp anymore. I cut the recipe in half since there was only two of us. I did use 2 T. of crushed red pepper flakes still but that is because we like it hot. What a great tasting recipe!!! Thanks so much for sharing.
Mmmmmm... I made this for company and it was excellent! We were all sweating bullets, sniffling, and panting but enjoyed it none the less. I ran out of red pepper flakes so only used 1 Tbsp but I can't imagine it with any more - it was hot enough! Also used 2 tsp dried parsley instead of fresh. Made it a one dish meal by making the sauce in a large nonstick skillet and cooking the shrimp in the skillet. Served with hot crusty bread. Thanks Diane for the great dinner! :)