Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 6 cups water
- 4 lemon zinger tea bags
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1 green apple, cored and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- Bring water to boil in medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Add tea bags; steep 2-3 minutes.
- Remove tea bags; pour tea into pitcher.
- Add sugar to taste and stir until sugar dissolves.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Mix fruit in bowl.
- Add wine.
- Fill glasses with ice cubes and serve.
Remove the red wine, and you can have a non-alchoholic version for children, and than make a batch as written for the adults. Either version is excellent!
I made a non-alcoholic version, by replacing the wine with cranberry cocktail. I used 3 mandarin-orange zinger teabags and a cherry-berry tea bag, as it turned out I didn't have any lemon zinger ones. The result was tasty and refreshing, and improved with sitting a little while to absorb the flavours of the fruit.