Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great Southwest twist on a classic dish.
Make and share this Killer Salmon Patties / Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can pink salmon
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled tortilla chips
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 ounces frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup bottled salsa
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium skillet over high heat until hot. Reduce the heat to medium; add the onion and cook, stirring occasionaly, until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer the onion to a medium bowl. Set the skillet aside.
- Add the salmon, chiles, tortillas chips, mayonnaise, egg, garlic and cumin to the onion in the bowl and stir until combined.
- Form the mixture into 4 patties. Coat the patties lightly in flour on all sides.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the skillet and heat over high until hot; reduce the heat to medium and add the patties. Saute' until well browned on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, cook corn according to package directions, drain well and add to salsa. Heat just until hot.
- Serve the patties topped with corn salsa.