Great Southwest twist on a classic dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can pink salmon
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled tortilla chips
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 ounces frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup bottled salsa
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium skillet over high heat until hot. Reduce the heat to medium; add the onion and cook, stirring occasionaly, until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer the onion to a medium bowl. Set the skillet aside.
- 2Add the salmon, chiles, tortillas chips, mayonnaise, egg, garlic and cumin to the onion in the bowl and stir until combined.
- 3Form the mixture into 4 patties. Coat the patties lightly in flour on all sides.
- 4Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the skillet and heat over high until hot; reduce the heat to medium and add the patties. Saute' until well browned on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- 5Meanwhile, cook corn according to package directions, drain well and add to salsa. Heat just until hot.
- 6Serve the patties topped with corn salsa.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Killer Salmon Patties / Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.6
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 105.8 mg
- Sodium 880.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 26.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: