Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
I've started experimenting with dry mixes adding them to hamburger to "perk up" the flavor, this is the latest! We felt like we were eating at a very upscale bistro cafe! Hope you try them before the summer is over, they are to die for! Enjoy!
- 680.38 g lean ground beef
- 14.17 g packagedry pesto sauce mix
- 236.59 ml shredded provolone cheese or 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese, and more if desired
- 3 kaiser rolls
- 3 slice tomatoes
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 3 slice red onions
- 44.37 ml mayonnaise
- 4.92 ml prepared basil pesto (in the jar)
- Mix dry pesto mix into hamburger well.
- Shape into 6 THIN patties, (they will be large).
- (Make sure edges are nice, not cracked).
- Top 3 patties with the provolone cheese evenly, in the center.
- Top each with the remaining patties and seal edges well.
- In very small bowl, mix mayo and jarred pesto sauce for spreading later.
- Grill burgers, approximately 12-13 minutes total, turning once, or til burgers are done, over medium-high grill.
- When burgers are just about done, grill buns lightly.
- Spread inside top rolls with pesto mayo, place burgers on bottom roll.
- Top burgers with lettuce, tomato and onion.
- Place top rolls on.
This truly is a gourmet burger! I just put a single patty and the cheese on a bun. The pesto mayo really makes it too. Thanks, Wildflour - you have a great recipe here.
Very Yummy! I actually put the pesto in the meat as well as inside the burger, and it turned our great! Loved the pesto-mayo!
I think the pesto mix I used was not very flavorful because I really could not taste it. I used "Knorr" brand from the grocery store. The provolone cheese was very good and putting it in the center was great. I'll try this recipe again with a different pesto sauce and see if it turns out better.