1/3 Photos of Killer Mocha Muffins
Two favorite flavors in one yummy muffin! Use real butter and quality dark chocolate - Callebaut, Trader Joe's Bittersweet or Dark, Valrhona, you get the idea! I've found Starbucks Via instant coffee a great stand in for instant espresso. Team recipe for Mike and the Appliance Killers ZWT 9 Coffee Plantation Challenge
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or Kahlua
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunk, dark (or semisweet)
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso (or Starbucks Via)
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 3/4 cup roasted macadamia nuts or 3/4 cup toasted almond, chopped medium
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- 3In a small, microwave-safe bowl, melt together the butter and chopped dark chocolate. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring frequently until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- 4Dissolve espresso or coffee in hot water. Set aside.
- 5In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center and add eggs, buttermilk, dissolved coffee, and vanilla extract or Kahlua .
- 6Stir till partially mixed, then stir in melted chocolate mixture until the batter is almost smooth then stir in the chocolate chunks and nuts if using, mixing just until everything is incorporated.
- 7Spoon batter into lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for about 16-20 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 8Cool muffins before serving at room temperature or slightly warm.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Killer Mocha Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.4
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.4 mg
- Sodium 257.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 20.1 g
- Protein 6.7 g