Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My 9-year-old whipped up this incredibly delicious 3-LAYER chocolate fudge for her party yesterday and it was a HUGE hit! Not a single piece left! It's a mixture of a bunch of recipes with our own little twist! Oh, and it tastes EXACTLY like (actually, even better than) the ones at the boardwalk! You just have to try it! *Cooking time= setting time in the refrigerator*
- 3 3⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (or butter, divided)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package fat-free sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon imitation vanilla
- For the first layer, melt 3/4 cups of the chocolate chips, 3/8 cups margarine, and water together in a large microwavable bowl in the microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Stir the bowl, then return to the microwave for another minute, or until butter is melted; stir.
- Add dry pudding mix, and stir until well blended.
- Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, stirring until well blended after each addition.
- Press into foil-lined 8-inch square pan, and place the pan in the refrigerator as you work on the second layer.
- For the second layer, microwave 3/4 cups of the chocolate chocolate chips and the remaining 1/8 cup of the margarine in large microwavable bowl on high for 1 1/2 minutes or until the margarine is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Spread over pudding mixture.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator as you work on the last layer.
- For the last layer, combine the remaining 2 1/4 cups of the chocolate chips, 2 cans of condensed milk, and 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract in a large microwaveable bowl, microwave it for a minute.
- Stir the bowl, and return it to the microwave for another minute. Repeat this process until all of the ingredients are melted together.
- Pour the mixture over the fudge.
- Place the fudge into the refrigerator for about 2-4 hours, or until the fudge is set.
- Once the fudge is ready, cut the fudge into about 64 pieces. You can store any leftover fudge (I doubt there'll be any) wrapped in wax paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.