1/2 Photos of Killer Kielbasa and Sauerkraut on Kaisers
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
This is a really easy, but quite tasty sandwich with polska kielbasa that you can grill or cook on the stovetop. If you need a quick and casual lunch or dinner fast, this’ll work. Best served with a huge glass of icy-cold milk!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large skillet over medium heat, melt butter, then stir in partially-drained sauerkraut, caraway seeds and salt and pepper. Stir periodically and when kraut begins to very lightly brown, turn heat to very low, but stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- 2Preheat broiler to high.
- 3Heat second skillet over medium heat with about a teaspoon of vegetable oil.
- 4Slice kielbasas lengthwise, but not all the way through (butterflied). Lay open side down into skillet and cook until desired brownness (We like ‘em CHARCOALY!) then flip and repeat. Drain on paper towels.
- 5Slice kaiser rolls, if they’re not already, either in half lengthwise or butterflied. Broil for 1-2 minutes, open-faced, until toasted.
- 6Spread divided mustard over kaiser rolls. Plop some sauerkraut on each sandwich and add a kielbasa.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Killer Kielbasa and Sauerkraut on Kaisers
Serving Size: 1 (507 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 798.1
- Calories from Fat 457
- Total Fat 50.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 172.0 mg
- Sodium 4475.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 37.8 g