Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
First the name is a goof. This meatloaf has nothing to do with my being Hungarian except that I am so it's an appropriate title. This is an adaption of another recipe I found elsewhere (heavily changed too I add). I happen to think it's killer. Hope you do too.
- 1 lb ground beef (I prefer chuck)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 link mild Italian sausage (ground)
- 1 medium sweet onion (finely chopped)
- 1 medium pepper (I usually use red, also finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 small tomatoes (or 1 large)
- 1⁄8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- combine first 10 ingredients in large bowl, I use my hands to break up meat then a spoon to add veggies.
- make a well in middle and add beaten eggs to bread crumbs in the well, then use spoon to mix with meat mixture.
- layer 1/2 meat mixture in 13 x 9 inch pan, (I prefer a glass pan).
- lay cheese over meat keeping it 1 inch from edge.
- layer the rest of the meat over the cheese and pat into shape.
- use a blender to puree tomato(s).
- add sugar and vinegar to pureed tomato, mix well then pour over meat loaf.
- bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- serve and enjoy.