These are pretty little bites. The frosting has grenadine in it, so is a pretty pink! This comes from Aaron McCarty, winner of the Next Food Network Star. Yummy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1⁄4 cup cake flour (or white flour that has been sifted)
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped hazelnuts (you may use other nuts if desired)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons grenadine
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease and flour.
- In a standing mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together, butter, sugar, vanilla seeds and vanilla extract. Add eggs and mix until well incorporated.
- Mix together the dry ingredients and slowly add it to the egg mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly, and then add hazelnuts to the top.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, until brownies are set and begin to pull away from the side.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack. Once cooled, remove the brownies from pan and cut into 1 1/2" squares for individual bites.
- For the frosting:.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream butter and slowly add the powdered sugar. Add grenadine and mix until a frosting consistency is reached. You may have a little extra frosting!
- Place frosting in a piping bag and pipe onto individual brownie bites. Or just spread on with knife if desired.