1/1 Photo of Killer Hazelnut Brownie Bites
These are pretty little bites. The frosting has grenadine in it, so is a pretty pink! This comes from Aaron McCarty, winner of the Next Food Network Star. Yummy!
My Private Note
mini br ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1/4 cup cake flour (or white flour that has been sifted)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts (you may use other nuts if desired)
- 1Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- 2Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease and flour.
- 3In a standing mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together, butter, sugar, vanilla seeds and vanilla extract. Add eggs and mix until well incorporated.
- 4Mix together the dry ingredients and slowly add it to the egg mixture. Mix well.
- 5Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly, and then add hazelnuts to the top.
- 6Bake for 22-25 minutes, until brownies are set and begin to pull away from the side.
- 7Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack. Once cooled, remove the brownies from pan and cut into 1 1/2" squares for individual bites.
- 8For the frosting:.
- 9In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream butter and slowly add the powdered sugar. Add grenadine and mix until a frosting consistency is reached. You may have a little extra frosting!
- 10Place frosting in a piping bag and pipe onto individual brownie bites. Or just spread on with knife if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Killer Hazelnut Brownie Bites
Serving Size: 1 (744 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.5
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 36.4 mg
- Sodium 85.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: