Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Avocados need to be extremely ripe. They should be blackish brown in color and soft to the touch. In most cases I have often thought that the avocado looks like it's bad rather than fresh. But the riper the avacado the sweeter the taste.
- 4 ripe avocados (and I mean ripe! The riper the better)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pit and halve avocados and scoop out flesh into a mixing bowl.
- Mash avocados with a fork, leaving it still a bit chunky.
- Add remaining ingredients, gently mix.
- Refrigerate covered with plastic wrap for at least 1 hour before serving.
Fabulous! I did halve the recipe (except for the spices), since only my husband and I like guacamole. Had to leave out the cilantro. Discovered too late I didn't have any.