Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Don't expect ANY leftovers with this recipe! Add your own special pizza ingredients (black olives, anchovies, whatever trips your trigger) to really customize your "pizza."
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground meat (venison, beef, turkey, pork sausage)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can spaghetti sauce (or 1 quart home-made canned)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons mixed Italian herbs (basil, oregano, garlic powder, whatever)
- 1 (3 ounce) packagesliced pepperoni, slivered
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook & drain pasta according to pkg directions; set aside (keep warm).
- Meanwhile, cook meats and onion; stir in spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, and herbs.
- In the crock-pot, spread ONE-THIRD of the meat over the bottom, then ONE-THIRD of the noodles, sprinkle ONE-THIRD of the pepperoni slivers and one cup of each of the cheeses.
- Repeat twice with remaining meat-sauce, noodles, pepperoni and cheeses.
- Actually, you can do this in whatever order you like -- but, please, finish with cheese on the top!
- Cover crock-pot and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours (the smell will be too much to believe!).
- Cheese should be nicely melted and browned to a crunchy, delectable goodness around the edges.
This was "okay" for me. My husband liked it so that always helps. Make sure not to scimp on cheese (I did and it needed the extra fat/moisture). I will add extra sauce as I found this a bit dry for my taste. Very easy to make.
Great and easy dinner! I did half a recipe but used the whole can of spaghetti sauce and no mushrooms due to personal preference. I used Mrs. Dash Italian Seasoning as it has garlic powder in it and added some parmesan cheese on top, too. Thanks, Debber!