Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was in my husband's newsletter from work. It is so good and easy. I didn't even like cranberry sauce before I made this. Who knew ginger and nuts in cranberry sauce would be so good!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 navel orange
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh grated gingerroot
- 4 cups cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecans
- Grate orange peel and add to a pot with the sugar and ginger.
- Add the juice from the orange into the pot and simmer over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cranberries and cook until they pop- about 5 minutes.
- Add pecans and cool sauce.
This was excellent. The ginger adds something special without over powering the sauce. Try leftovers on crackers with cream cheese - yum!
I've made this before and it is THE BEST. I will be making it for this Thanksgiving and you should too. I'm glad to see it made its way to RecipeZaar. BTW, extra pecans never hurt.
Very good! I've never made cranberry sauce before, so I was a little nervous, but this recipe was easy and very tasty!