1/3 Photos of Killer Chocolate Chunk Muffins
One of the better chocolate muffin recipes I have come across...These bake out high and tender and with a nice "crackly" high-top, they have an intense chocolate flavor... drizzle with melted white chocolate over them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2/3 white sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or yogurt)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sifted baking cocoa (measure before sifting)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- 3Place the muffin tins on a baking sheet.
- 4In a bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter and cream cheese, until fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- 5Add in the both sugars (if you prefer a less sweet muffin, only add in 2/3 cups white sugar); beat until combined.
- 6Add in eggs and vanilla; blend well.
- 7Fold in sour cream.
- 8In a bowl, blend together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 9Fold, do not beat into the batter (you may just mix in on low speed of mixer or by hand), making certain NOT to overmix (this is important!).
- 10Fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
- 11Using a large ice-cream scoop, scoop the muffins into the prepared muffin tin.
- 12Bake about 25-30 minutes, or until muffins spring back when touched, or a toothick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Killer Chocolate Chunk Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.1
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 63.7 mg
- Sodium 274.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: