1 hr 30 mins
You'll have to make two batches of this to have any left over for seconds! I fed a very picky family (some of which are accustomed to eating at 5-star restaurants all the time) and they raved with every bite! This is now my most requested recipe, and it's really easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon garlic, and
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, from grinder (available at Costco)
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 3 limes, juice of, lime
- 18 flour tortillas
- olive oil
- 1Combine first 5 ingredients for marinade.
- 2Marinate chicken for 1.5 hours.
- 3Remove chicken from marinade and bake chicken uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- 4When done, remove from baking sheet and chop into big chunks.
- 5Place chicken, lime juice, garlic, red pepper, and chopped onion in food processor.
- 6Blend into a paste.
- 7Pour chicken paste into a bowl and mix with shredded cheese.
- 8Take tortillas and chop off approximately 1/5 tortilla on one side to form a straight edge.
- 9Spoon approximately 2 oz. mix onto tortilla near straight edge and roll up.
- 10Place on foil lined cookie sheet. Repeat with other tortillas and rest of mix.
- 11When all taquitos are placed on the cookie sheet, paint top of taquitos with olive oil.
- 12Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until edges are browned and crispy and tops are light tan.
- 13Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and melt before serving.
- 14Serve with salsa and plain yogurt or sour cream.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Killer Chicken Lime Taquitos
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.4
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 36.4 mg
- Sodium 379.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 14.4 g