Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
You'll have to make two batches of this to have any left over for seconds! I fed a very picky family (some of which are accustomed to eating at 5-star restaurants all the time) and they raved with every bite! This is now my most requested recipe, and it's really easy.
- 1 teaspoon garlic, and
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, from grinder (available at Costco)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 3 limes, juice of, lime
- 18 flour tortillas
- olive oil
- Combine first 5 ingredients for marinade.
- Marinate chicken for 1.5 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and bake chicken uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- When done, remove from baking sheet and chop into big chunks.
- Place chicken, lime juice, garlic, red pepper, and chopped onion in food processor.
- Blend into a paste.
- Pour chicken paste into a bowl and mix with shredded cheese.
- Take tortillas and chop off approximately 1/5 tortilla on one side to form a straight edge.
- Spoon approximately 2 oz. mix onto tortilla near straight edge and roll up.
- Place on foil lined cookie sheet. Repeat with other tortillas and rest of mix.
- When all taquitos are placed on the cookie sheet, paint top of taquitos with olive oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until edges are browned and crispy and tops are light tan.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and melt before serving.
- Serve with salsa and plain yogurt or sour cream.
pretty good, but my family didn't care for it. I might make a few changes, and review.