1/2 Photos of Killer Cheese Balls from Outer Space!
The Spice Guru's Note:
My recipe for cheese balls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) bricks Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup chunky bleu cheese salad dressing
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrin's brand only)
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1 clove mashed fresh garlic (or more for garlic lovers)
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon crumbled crisp cooked bacon
OPTIONAL FRESH HERB (CHOOSE ONE)
- 2 tablespoons finely snipped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons finely snipped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (or dried) or 2 tablespoons parsley (or dried)
OPTIONAL HOLIDAY GARNISH
- 1WHIP all of the BASIC RECIPE ingredients in a mixing bowl until smooth and creamy. NOTE: You may also add the OPTIONAL and/or OPTIONAL FRESH HERB ingredients now: 1 tablespoon crumbled crisp cooked bacon (cook bacon wrapped in 2 sheets paper towels on a microwaveable plate for 6-10 minutes on 100% power and crumble when cooled), 2 tablespoons thinly snipped fresh chives (or) 2 tablespoons finely snipped fresh dill (or) 2 teaspoons minced fresh sage (or) 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme (or) 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary).
- 2DIVIDE cheese mixture in half; DUMP each cheese portion individually onto a sheet waxed paper; WRAP cheese balls completely using the waxed paper, twisting the tops to seal.
- 3FORM cheese mixture in waxed paper into ball shapes.
- 4PLACE into freezer until firm yet not frozen.
- 5ADD 2/3-3/4 cup chopped walnuts and 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives or parsley (or dried) into a medium bowl; COMBINE well.
- 6REMOVE cheese balls from freezer when firm and unwrap.
- 7SMOOTH cheese balls with clean dry hands until round and even.
- 8ROLL cheese balls lightly in nut and herb mixture until evenly covered (you may freeze cheese balls in freezer bags and thaw before serving).
- 9GARNISH cheese balls if desired for the holidays with a holly garnish (see photo) or prepare OPTIONAL HOLIDAY GARNISH: PLACE 2-3 maraschino cherry halves (each) closely on top of cheeseball; CUT 2-3 large bay leaves (each) into holly leave shapes and attach around cherries (you may tint bay leaf tops first with green food coloring using a small paintbrush, for a more dramatic color presentation).
- 10SERVE when tempered on or with crackers (I prefer the Triscuit Rosemary & Olive Oil variety); ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Killer Cheese Balls from Outer Space!
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.1
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 45.2 mg
- Sodium 245.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: