Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe online, and it is important to note that cannoli shells are not used, but instead tortillas. I think that this recipe would be nice with cannoli shells, and will try it out that way, and bake them.
- 473.18 ml canola oil
- 8 flour tortillas
- 29.58 ml cinnamon
- 78.07 ml raw sugar
- 236.59-473.18 ml melted chocolate
- 236.59 ml your favorite nuts, very finely diced
- 236.59 ml ricotta cheese
- 236.59 ml peach jam, the kind that has fruit pieces in it
- Heat oil, moderately hot, about 190c.
- Roll up tortillas loosely and fasten with a wooden toothpick to create a shell, form so hollow in centre (like a brandy snap) then fry a few at a time until they are golden brown.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar.
- Mix together ricotta and jam.
- While shells are still warm roll in cinnamon sugar , holding one of the ends, dip in melted chocolate and roll in finely diced nut pieces.
- Fill the cannolis with the ricotta jam mixture.
- These are best filled with a pastry bag. But a table knife, heaped with mixture and slid in will work.
- Dip and roll the other end in chocolate and nuts.
- Add you favorite topping.