Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Chuck Hughes recipe from the Cooking channel.
Make and share this Killer Caesar Salad With Oyster Croutons recipe from Food.com.
FOR THE CAESAR SALAD
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, roughly torn
- parmesan cheese
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 anchovies (optional)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE OYSTER CROUTONS
- 12 oysters (without shells)
- oil, for frying
- flour, for dredging
- For the salad: In a skillet, cook the bacon until crispy, about 8 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside on paper towel to soak up the excess fat.
- For the dressing: To a food processer add the egg yolk, garlic, Dijon mustard and anchovies and process until a paste forms. Add the capers and blend well. Add oil slowly in a continuous stream, whisking until it emulsifies. Add lemon juice and half the Parmesan cheese (1/4 cup). Add a little water if the consistency is too thick. Season with pepper; set aside.
- For the oyster croutons: Heat oil in a deep fryer to 360 degrees F. Dredge oysters in the flour. Fry oysters for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and set aside on paper towel.
- To complete, into a large bowl mix the romaine lettuce with the vinaigrette. Add the bacon and remaining Parmesan. Garnish with the oyster croutons and serve.