Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A co-worker brought a version of this to a work party and it was good, but oily and very fattening. I have made the recipe over so that it can be enjoyed as often as the deep fried wing craving hits. Serve with celery sticks and crackers.
- 1 (13 ounce) can white meat chicken, drained
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup fat free blue cheese dressing
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Let the cream cheese sit at room temperature for about an hour to soften.
- Mix cream cheese and blue cheese dressing in a large bowl with wire wisk unitl smooth. Add remaining ingredients and mix with fork, mashing chicken until completely incorporated. Taste and add more hot sauce or blue cheese if needed.
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving.
Delicious! OMG. I didn't even have the red sauce so I added a rather large amount of cayenne powder (as we like it spicy), a little more onion powder, a little more garlic powder and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. I tried it both chilled and baked and my guests were 50/50 on which they liked most but they ALL agreed that it was awesome. It fulfills that hot wing craving without the massive amount of calories from fat you normally get! I served it with raw veggies and they tore it up!
This was awesome! I am always using other people's recipes and trying to make them healthier/lower in fat or calories, but you've already done that for me. I used boneless skinless chicken breast with the fat trimmed which I boiled and shredded instead of canned. I also couldn't find fat free blue cheese dressing at the store, which was a bummer so I had to use regular. I followed the recipe exactly except for the chicken and I didn't have any onion powder so I didn't add that. I used 1/4 cup of Frank's. It was very simple to make, instead of refrigerating it, I baked it at 350 for 25 mins and we ate it hot. We loved it. Thank You!