1 hr 15 mins
A great dessert found in a church cookbook. My mom and I both make these wonderful caramel brownie bars almost every year to go with our batches of Christmas cookies. We also make them for birthdays and as a dish to pass at parties.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Melt caramels slowly with 1/3 cup evaporated milk.
- 3Combine cake mix, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, butter, and nuts. Stir briefly.
- 4Press 1/2 dough into 9 x 13 x 2 pan.
- 5Bake at 350 for 6 minutes. Remove from oven. (Tip: leave oven set at 350 for later use in this recipe.).
- 6Sprinkle with chips and spread caramel mixture over top. Crumble remaining dough over top.
- 7Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.
- 8Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set caramel. Cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Killer Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.1
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 38.3 mg
- Sodium 461.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 50.9 g
- Protein 6.7 g