Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Nice for any dinner, cookout or just when you feel like some tasty carbs!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1 cup romano cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- softened butter (use your judgment)
- 1 round sourdough loaf, halved horizontall (you can even use regular unsliced Italian bread) or 1 loaf artisan bread, halved horizontal (you can even use regular unsliced Italian bread)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Preheat broiler.
- Mix mayo, cheese and garlic in large bowl and blend.
- Arrange bread cut side up on lg. cookie sheet.
- Butter bread.
- Broil till just crisp & lightly browned.
- Spread mayo/cheese mixture over cut sides of bread.
- Broil only till top is puffed & golden brown (don't overcook!).
- Cut bread into wedges and serve.
- Serve with a nice antipasto.
This is a great recipe. We have also thrown it on the grill in foil. Thanks for posting.