Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Taste of Home; hearty and filling.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bulk hot pork sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (31 ounce) can pork and beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown sausage; drain.
- Add green pepper, onion; saute until tender; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake 20-30 minutes longer or until bubbly.
Very good. Have made this several times and always get compliments as guests try to figure out what is in recipe. Not your usual baked beans. This is a meal in itself.