Top Review by Narshmellow
Are you tired of ketchup on everything, but don't want the overload of spicy of regular BBQ sauce? This is it! I made it exactly the way it said. I let it simmer for 65 minutes and got a ketchup consistency when it cooled. It turned out as a wonderful barbecue flavor but so mellow. I used it on a meatloaf and it was so much better than regular ketchup! I can see putting it on a hamburger or dipping fries in it.
- 1 cup water
- 3 ounces light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 dash garlic powder (or more, to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over high heat and whisk until smooth.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes or until mixture is thick.
- Cool, then store in a covered container in the refrigerator overnight so that flavour can develop.