Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This BBQ sauce is very hot, but you can adjust the heat!
Make and share this Killer Barbecue Sauce! recipe from Food.com.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup favorite barbecue sauce
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hormel real bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons frank's hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup classic Coke
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- In a saucepan melt the butter.
- Add in onions and garlic; saute for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes (or longer if desired).
- Cool and place in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- If you don't want it extra spicy, just omit the Tabasco sauce.
- Refrigerte overnight before using.