Recipe by linguinelisa
This recipe appeared in my local paper. It's from the Supper Swap girls blog which you can find at greenvilleOnline.com. I haven't tried this one out yet so I'm posting it here for safekeeping.
- 1⁄2 lb thinly shaved roast beef
- 1 bunch asparagus, blanched
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- thousand island dressing
- pumpernickel bread, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch asparagus tips in a microwave-safe bowl with 1/2 cup water for 2 minutes.
- Cut slices of roast beef in half and wrap each around an asparagus tip (6 tips per sandwich).
- Toast slices of pumpernickel.
- On one side of bread spread 1 tablespoons of thousand island dressing. Lay rolled tips on top of dressing. Add sliced onion and a handful of shredded cheese. Place under broiler to melt cheese. Top with another slice of bread and cut in half and then serve.