Recipe by Pali's Favorites
This is a traditional dish, very simple recipe, and does't require much time! This recipe calls for one tablespoon of tahina. This is a sesame seed paste and can be found in most grocery stores. It can also be found in any middle eastern/greek food store. I did not add it in the list of ingredients because Recipezaar did not recognize it. Enjoy!
Top Review by UmmKareem
This was delicious! Just perfect! I have attempted to make this dish on multiple occasions and even though it always turned out OK, this time it turned out FANTASTIC!! Thank you Pali for posting this. My husband is from Palestine and I am always looking to perfect the dishes I prepare and this is one I can add to the list!!
- 1 (1 1/4 lb) package hamburger meat
- 3 onions
- 2 potatoes
- 2 green peppers
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place hamburger meat in a bowl, and add salt, and some Mixed spices. If you don't have mixed spices, there are a couple recipes on this website for mixed spices. Or, you can add salt, all season, cumin, black pepper, and adobo.
- Using a food processer or blender, chop 1 onion and 1 cup of fresh parsley. If you dont have fresh parsley, dry parsley will work, just make sure its chopped finely. Add both the onion and the parsley to the hamburger meat, and mix well.
- Next, you can either make good sized meatballs with the hamburger meat, or make them longer, short of like fat stubby fingers. Do this until you have used up all the hamburger meat, and put these on the bottom of a baking pan with at least a 1 inch edge to it.
- Peel the onions and the potatoes, and core the green peppers. Cut them each into four pieces, and place in the pan with the hamburger meat. Also cut the tomatoe into four pieces and add as well.
- In a blender, add 1 heaping tablespoon of tahina, squeeze one lemon into the blender, and add a teaspoon of salt. Then fill the blender half way with water, and mix well.
- Poor the blender mixture on top of the meat and vegetables, and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- This is normally serves over rice, or can be eaten with pita bread. Enjoy!