Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe we got from an American Girl book. It is best served as a breakfast pastry or dessert. The original recipe calls for the crescents to be filled with jam, but we liked them better with a combination of butter, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Cream together the butter, cream cheese, salt, and sour cream.
- Stir in the flour.
- On a floured surface, kneed the dough with your hands until it's smooth.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for three hours.
- Place chilled dough on a lightly floured countertop.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough thin (about 1/8").
- With a table knife, cut the dough into 3" squares.
- Spread one corner of each square with the filling mixture.
- Starting in that corner, roll up each square, then curve in the ends to form a crescent.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, or until edges are beginning to turn golden.