1/1 Photo of Kifle - Yugoslavian Walnut Cookies
Um Safia's Note:
This is a traditional recipe for Yugoslavian cookies called Kifle. There are different fillings for these cookies but my favourite is the walnut! Time to make does not include chilling time........Posted for ZWT 4.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 7 g sachet active dry yeast
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- confectioners' sugar
- melted margarine, for greasing
- 1Put sifted flour into large mixing bowl. Mix in yeast. Cut in margarine with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- 2Add egg yolks and sour cream; mix well. Form into a ball. On lightly floured board, knead until smooth, 5 to 10 minutes. Divide dough into 3 equal parts. Wrap in wax paper. Chill in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- 3Combine walnuts, sugar and vanilla extract. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites. Set aside.
- 4On a board sprinkled with confectioners sugar, roll each part of dough into an 8-inch circle; cut each into 8 pie-shape wedges.
- 5Fill wide end of each wedge with 1 tablespoon walnut filling. Roll up from wide end to point. Place on greased baking sheet, curving ends to form crescent shape.
- 6Bake at 375 degrees F about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Dust with confectioners sugar.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kifle - Yugoslavian Walnut Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (803 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1642.4
- Calories from Fat 909
- Total Fat 101.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 214.1 mg
- Sodium 630.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 158.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 52.5 g
- Protein 31.5 g