Recipe by * Pamela *
Russian-Mennonite noodles, similar to spaetzle. Good served with farmer sausage.
Top Review by Lori Alcorn
I too grew up on my mom's and grandma's homemade kielke! They were always a favorite and who knew they were so simple to make!?! I thought my mom slaved over these! Thanks for sharing the recipe, now I can make them myself.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together to make a stiff dough.
- Knead well.
- Roll dough out very thin.
- Flour both sides of dough.
- Cut in half and form two rolls.
- Cut off narrow strips.
- Cook for a few minutes in a large pot of boiling water.
- Traditionally served with hot Cream Gravy made with 1/2 cup cream and 1-2 tablespoons melted butter and a pinch of salt.