Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Polish-Italian quick fix main dish!
Make and share this Kielbasa With Tomatoes and White Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil or 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb smoked kielbasa, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpeeled diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans or 1 (16 ounce) can navy beans or 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- Heat oil or butter in a large skillet, add Kielbasa and cook over medium high heat until lightly browned, remove with slotted spoon.
- Reduce heat to medium, add onions and cook until transparent.
- Reduce heat to low, add garlic and herbs and cook 1 minute.
- Add kielbasa, tomatoes and white beans, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
So easy and the flavors really meld well. I'll make this again! (10/2/06 - I keep forgetting how easy this is. Really satisfying, quick and surprisingly light.)
Simple great-tasting middle-of-the-week dish that will wait for you. We enjoyed this dish with Multi-Grain and More Bread Multi-Grain and More Bread (Bread Machine). Thanks Lorac for posting this keeper recipe. We will definitely be having this often.
Carol, you have a winner in this one! The flavors of the herbs combined with the sausage brought out the best of the canned beans (I used cannellini). This is a hearty, and filling dish with plenty of flavor. Thanks for sharing this tasty recipe that is now in my t&t cookbook. :-)