Recipe by Lorac
An original recipe inspired by my Polish grandmother's cooking. For a milder flavor, you can rinse and drain the sauerkraut. I serve this with crusty rye bread.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs kielbasa, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (30 ounce) jarpolish sauerkraut or 2 (15 ounce) cans sauerkraut, drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add kielbasa and brown over high heat.
- Add carrots and water, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add sauerkraut, beans and dill.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes.