Prep 3 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a crockpot recipe that I adapted to the stovetop, making a simple and delicious meal a fast one also. If using a crockpot, combine all ingredients and cook on low for 5 hours or high for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 1 (18 ounce) can pineapple chunks (undrained)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans (undrained)
- 1 lb kielbasa, sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Combine all ingredients except the flour and cook, covered, on medium-low until it begins simmering, stirring occasionally.
- Mix flour with a little cold water and stir into pot.
- Simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes or until sufficiently thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice or with bread to soak up the sauce.
This is ridiculousIy quick and easy to make. I cut the sugar in half but otherwise enjoyed this delicious and healthy combination as written. We loved it over brown rice.