Recipe by Chef Petunia
A friend posted this recipe on Pinterest and being both a kielbasa and pierogies lover, I just had to try it. I find the mustard and vinegar sauce really makes this dish stand out from all the other similar ones I have tried. I also added a small head of raw broccoli, cut into small pieces. A very simple and inexpensive family meal. We served ours with a small side salad.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb frozen potato and cheddar pierogies, do not thaw
- 1 lb kielbasa, sliced, any variety will work
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- fresh parsley, chopped for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 T olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, stirring occasionally, until they turn a golden color, about 15-20 minutes. Spread pierogies on top of onions in a single layer. Lower heat to medium, cover pan and let cook another 5 minutes, stirring every other minute. Add sausage slices and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until pierogies and sausage are cooked through and starting to turn golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together vinegar, mustard and remaining 1 T olive oil.
- Add dressing to pan with the sausages, pierogies and onions and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Place on a serving platter and garnish with parsley.